SeeMobiles.Forumactif.Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SeeMobiles = Mobiles phone, News, Software, Themes, Free call and Games, Free sms ...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nokia 6301b (T Mobile) firmware upgrade question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aj43k

Nokia 6301b (T Mobile) firmware upgrade question Empty
PostSubject: Nokia 6301b (T Mobile) firmware upgrade question   Nokia 6301b (T Mobile) firmware upgrade question I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:58 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A little background and then and then a question.

I have the $5.99 Tmobileweb and my previous phone was the Sony Ericsson TM506. I have very poor reception in my home, though good service elsewhere in my community. I love the fact that with my TM506 I can use Opera Mini, Gmail app, Google Maps, etc. But I would like to use my phone (if only to receive calls) at home. So I bought a Nokia 6301 (ebay). The phone is clean and easy to use, and I get great service via UMA at home, but I would like to use the other apps like Opera, etc.

I have read about downloading some Proprietary Software (Phoenix) and firmware images on this forum to flash the phone to an unbranded version, which would allow me to use these apps. I consider myself fairly technically savvy, but I hesitate to use software that has to be downloaded from less than reliable sources. I also have read some horror stories about people losing UMA access after upgrading firmware. If not for the UMA access, I would stick with the TM506.

Are there any other options? Will T Mobile offer a firmware upgrade that allows these other apps to access the internet? Does the v8.22 allow this? Am I stuck with using the TM506 for applications and the 6301 for UMA when at home or traveling abroad?

I realize this may be a little redundant, so i appreciate your understanding.
Back to top Go down

Nokia 6301b (T Mobile) firmware upgrade question
Page 1 of 1