SeeMobiles.Forumactif.Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SeeMobiles = Mobiles phone, News, Software, Themes, Free call and Games, Free sms ...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changing product code from E71-3 to a E71-1 code

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aj43k

Changing product code from E71-3 to a E71-1 code Empty
PostSubject: Changing product code from E71-3 to a E71-1 code   Changing product code from E71-3 to a E71-1 code I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 10:04 am

I am looking to get the E71-3 that has 3G 850/2100 bands, so I can take advantage of both 3G in US and Taiwan. However, I am hoping to re-brand the E71-3 to the Taiwan product code. I know the E71-3 is RM-407. My question is will I be able to change the phone to a product code for a different RM E-71, since the E-71-1 is RM-346? I am doing this so I can get the chinese language pack for the phone.

I know this probably has been answered somewhere, but I haven't been able to find a definitive answer. If this solution is not possible, I will have to find an alternative phone to get 850/2100 bands with 3G and chinese input capabilities. Thanks

Answer by giber43 :
I just got the phone and yes you can change the product code to taiwan product code

You cannot change the e71-3 tp e71-1 because 1 2 3 are hardware configuration and cannot be changed. as for product code yes changing it means you are getting a different firmware with the language pack you desire. I changed mine to HK product code

Your procedure is to download Nemesis just search and you will find it is free. Install PC Suite to ensure you have all the nokia driver, than install Nemesis and run it. Search for phone and go to phone info, than click Read, and you will see your current product code. Change that to 0561923 for white steel and 0560652 for grey steel. and make sure you check enable than click write. once this is done close Nemesis and run Nokia Software updater and you are set

If You Have a nother Idea Leave comment :
Back to top Go down

Changing product code from E71-3 to a E71-1 code
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SeeMobiles.Forumactif.Com :: Manufacturer Discussion :: Nokia :: Nokia Modding-
Jump to: