SeeMobiles.Forumactif.Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SeeMobiles = Mobiles phone, News, Software, Themes, Free call and Games, Free sms ...

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nokia World 2009: The Analysis: Things could have gone a bit better than they did

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aj43k

Nokia World 2009: The Analysis: Things could have gone a bit better than they did Empty
PostSubject: Nokia World 2009: The Analysis: Things could have gone a bit better than they did   Nokia World 2009: The Analysis: Things could have gone a bit better than they did I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 9:29 pm

Nokia World 2009: The Analysis: Things could have gone a bit better than they did

I hear people say Nokia is dying, Nokia is dead, or some other ignorant statement similar to that, more and more often now thanks to competition from the iPhone and Android. Nokia knows that they’re not competitive on the software front, so they’re competing with the one thing they have they do have: scale.

In time, Nokia will become more competitive; I’m sure of it. Anssi Vanjoki’s keynote alluded to the fact that the next version of Maemo, coming out in roughly a year, will finally materialize the company’s vision of mobile computing. We also have yet to see the DirectUI user interface that will replace the over half decade old Symbian UI that bloggers and geeks love to hate. Nokia is a company in transition right now and from the outside it looks like the transition is not going very well.

Apple has set a bar that Nokia has not yet passed, and every year that goes by and Nokia doesn’t meet or exceed that bar, people become more and more restless, frustrated and unsatisfied. Nokia World 2009 was the company saying “we need more time” and that is why I’m honestly disappointed.

Source
----------------------------------------------

Comment? Do you share his sentiments, or are there parts of the article that you do not agree with?
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1